I love the intensity and focus in his eyes -- there's just no doubt he's going to make perfect contact with the ball.
I find tennis to be the ultimate metaphor for life...
- Work hard with focus and determination, but be still and reflect when you have the opportunity.
- Competitive spirit shouldn't trump fair play.
- Be polite,
evenespecially to your opponents.
- Breathe through your anger and disappointments.
- Don't be so hard on yourself. Perfection is unattainable. Mistakes are just growth opportunities.
- When things aren't going your way, fix your mistakes instead of blaming your opponent.
- Sometimes the other guy just gets lucky. Sometimes you do.
- Solve problems as you face them.
- There's no substitute for excellent preparation. Play hard. Practice harder.
- Find a coach that believes in you and can help you reach your goals.
- At the end of the day, shake hands with your opponent, and wish them luck - even if you lost this one.
- There's nothing wrong with going somewhere private to cry it out. Passion often ends in tears.
Hang in there, people. Play it out. Never, ever give up.